10.02.2009

Fall is here!

Just a quick update in between cleaning up the flat and doing laundry. I still impress myself that I've figured out how to use a foreign washing machine and oven! Anyway, the weather here has turned colder seemingly overnight. Jackets are now required. We've enjoyed so much sun the past couple weeks, it's really spoiled us. With the colder weather comes cloudy, gray skies and drizzling rain. I keep a small umbrella in my purse and finally bought some galoshes a few days ago!

Mike and I just celebrated the official date of our third wedding anniversary, Sept. 30. I can't believe it's already been three years! Time flies when you're having fun. We've been together much longer, but just in those three years of marriage, we've already shared so much. Plenty of trips, our first house, our dogs, moving, new jobs, new cars, new friends, old friends--I love every day with my husband! Mike is truly a stand-up guy, full of character, wisdom and strength and quality family values. I am so blessed to have found such an amazing man and more blessed that we make such a great team. And ever since we embarked on our Scottish adventure, we've only become closer. We are best friends as well as husband and wife and there's no one else I'd rather be sharing this experience with. (But we can't wait for the rest of our friends and family to come join us!)


When I went to the post office today to mail some letters and post cards, I realized we've officially "settled" in here. It's still odd sometimes to suddenly remember exactly where we are--in a strange country--and that we're actually living in Scotland! I would never have guessed this is where we'd be for 2009-2010 in a million years.

I'm still staying busy doing dog walking in the mornings. It's so great to see all the cute puppies and go hiking and walking in such pretty places. I'm also filling my time with a little freelance writing and keeping my eye out for any other part-time jobs I might enjoy. There's a lot of city recreation centers with indoor pools and since swimming is such a big part of my background, I might get into teaching lessons later. And I'm still acting as "travel coordinator" for friends and family that want to come visit. If there's anything specific someone wants to do, let me know and I'll work it into the itinerary! Mike and I booked a trip to Paris in December and Edinburgh for New Years and might throw in a weekend pass to Prague in November. I personally can't wait until our trip to Italy... I'm thinking a one-week getaway filled with breathtaking moments spent at places like the Coliseum in Rome and romantic evenings with wine in a cozy candle lit restaurant near our hotel. The opportunities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from any readers out there, just keep it clean and friendly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...