2.05.2010

Inspiration Overload!

May-day, may-day! I think I've gone and done it and have been reading too many blogs. It's so easy to get sucked into the blogosphere, I mean there is a blog out there on everything. If you've been following, you'll notice my list of "Blogs I Love" to the left has really grown. And I actually do read just about every one of them regularly. It's part of my tech-update routine in the morning: check email, check Skype, check Facebook, check blogs. I know, I know... sounds like I've got a bit too many electronic resources going on. But when everyone you know is in another country, it becomes required so don't judge me too harshly! :)

But back to my main point, I have been getting hooked on interior design and DIY blogs. I love being creative and I've felt a bit out of place here in Scotland since there's not any Targets, Michael's, Hobby Lobby's, Walmart's (well, Asda but its limited) or Marshall's to run to when I need something... like string for the painfully simple Superbowl banner I made yesterday. And if there were, then I'd literally have to run there by foot and I don't see that happening either. I'm not one of these people that can transform my home into a magazine-worthy space or that handmakes all my gifts at Christmas time. But I'm certainly capable of mastering a few projects here and there. Anyways, I've found all these totally inspiring design savvy blogs, the latest being The Lettered Cottage, that have got my creative wheels a-turnin'. Which means more and more ideas cluttering up in the back of my head that must wait until we move back to the States. And the more I read the more ideas I get and the more I want to do but I can't do anything right now so what do I do with all these thoughts!?!? That's when I hit Inspiration Overload. I think I need to take this stuff in small doses and just make notes of the projects I'd like to try and tackle at home and stow them away until August.

And here's some projects to get me started:

This would be great for the fall, when we return home. I love the monogram! http://www.theletteredcottage.net/2009/10/lettered-pumpkin.html

I never know what to do with baskets. This is a great storage and display idea.
http://www.theletteredcottage.net/2009/03/kitchen-update-march-2009.html

Easy to make frames.
http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2010/01/diy-craft-yarn-wrapped-frames/

A totally painless jewelry idea.
http://www.ambersnotebook.com/2009/11/diy-lets-make-steal_13.html

All the blogs I just listed are totally adorable and very themed. They're either fashion or home decor or interior design or food, like some of the other sites I visit often. Which led me to wonder why type of blog ours would be considered. Since there's a little bit of everything (food, travel, photos, food, activities, food), maybe its a lifestyle blog? At the very least, I hope there's some inspiration tucked in there somewhere. It's the spice of life!


“Enthusiasm is excitement with inspiration, motivation, and a pinch of creativity.”
~Bo Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from any readers out there, just keep it clean and friendly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...