2.27.2010

My Recipes: Honey rosemary pork chops

I loved the combination of flavors in this dish. It's a Rachael Ray knock-off, since the original recipe was for chicken and called for a couple ingredients I didn't have. Like rosemary.

You really can't go wrong with this one, no need to actually measure out portions. Just eyeball the amounts and dump it all into your sautee pan as follows.

•2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided

•Salt and black pepper

•4-6 boneless pork chops

•1 large shallot (or onion), finely chopped

•2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped

•1-2 tablespoons dried mixed herbs, just about anything you have on hand will work!

•1/2 cup honey

•1 rounded tablespoon Dijon mustard

•Juice of 1 lemon

Heat 1 tablespoon EVOO, a turn of the pan, in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. When the EVOO smokes, add the pork to the pan and cook for 6 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and cover with foil.

Reduce the heat under the pan to medium and add the remaning tablespoon EVOO, a turn of the pan. Add the shallots, garlic and herbs to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the honey, then stir in the Dijon mustard and lemon juice. Add the pork chops back to the pan and coat on all sides with the bubbling glaze. Turn off the heat.


For the original recipe, follow this link.

My saving grace to quick and easy cooking has been Uncle Ben's express rice. They've got a plethora of flavors, like tomato basil, whole grain, Spanish and golden vegetable. Heat for 2 minutes and serve!


I plated my honey and herb chops with some of the rice and fresh steamed veggies. I like the idea of something Mike's mom did when we were in town... she cooked veggies of all the same color: broccoli, zucchini and asparagus. Mix them up and serve for a very pretty and colorful effect. You could also do yellow bell pepper, yellow squash and corn.

And my latest tea obsession is Twinings English Breakfast, perfect for getting going on an early morning or staying awake if I'm writing late at night. I love milk in my hot tea, which is good since I don't drink it otherwise, and I make my cups of the breakfast brew extra strong with half milk and half water. Delish.
 
 
"The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook." ~Julia Child

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from any readers out there, just keep it clean and friendly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...