11.11.2010

On the Road Again...

...Goin' places that I've never been.
Seein' things that I may never see again.

And I can't wait to get on the road again.
On the road again -
Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends.
Insisting that the world keep turning our way.


I feel like Willie Nelson's lyrics to that song are certainly called for today, as the husband and I pack up our all-too-familiar set of duffle bags again and hit the highway for Dallas. The only difference in our packing ritual this time is that we have a few more things to choose from, thanks to a recent trip to storage where we hauled out our cold-weather clothes and Mike's hunting apparel. He'll be in Kansas for a long weekend, prowling for pheasant and quail with our white lab, Shiner. 
 

Our house debaucle dutifully continues, we're fighting to reach a closing date for November 30, with no definitive idea of the outcome at this point. I can only hope the day finally comes when I get to introduce you all to our new home!

My new company, Amber Bell Creative Freelance, has been doing so well and I couldn't feel more blessed with the opportunity to work for myself and do something I love. Going to "the office" is no longer a dreaded chore for me, and I have really enjoyed all the different subjects and content I write about. I'm also currently working on a makeover for my professional web site, and I'm in the middle of producing my first issue of Dallas Brides! I think you all will love it, and I look forward to sharing those things here on my blog in the near future.

I ventured into Walmart a few days ago and couldn't believe my eyes at all the Christmas decor overflowing from the shelves. Then today I spotted a housing community near where we stay that had already put up it's red and green tinsel around the subdivision sign. I can't believe it's nearly that time, it's so hard to imagine the winter holiday season when it's still 75 to 80 degrees outside. (Another tick in the box, however, for why I love Texas so much. I don't do cold very well. See what I mean here and here.)

For now, as we head down the familiar stretch of I-45 to Big D, I leave you with some Turkey Day inspiration since, after all, 'tis the season!

{via Pottery Barn}

{via Pottery Barn}

{via Decor Dir}

{Centsational Girl}

1 comment:

  1. Come on HOME!!! Can't wait for you to get here!!

    How are you enjoying Prisoner of Birth?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from any readers out there, just keep it clean and friendly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...