From top to bottom:
1. Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies (that I didn't burn this time!). I also may or may not have eaten several of these for breakfast one morning.
2. Our own impromptu baked potato bar with huge spuds and all the fixings, including BBQ sauce, fajita chicken and shredded cheeeeeese.
3. My favorite breakfast in the whole wide world: pan-fried potatoes topped with scrambled egg whites and shredded cheese and a couple pieces of turkey bacon. Yum.
4. Been reverting back to my hot tea-habit I picked up in Scotland. A cup of English Breakfast black tea with a little sweetener (I use Stevia) and a big ol' glug of milk.
5. The one-pan dinner I came up with last night. Here's the quick and easy recipe:
Take two chicken breasts and trim off fat and gristle. Slice them in half lengthwise to produce thin chicken strips. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and drizzle liberally with olive oil. Once hot, place the chicken in the pan and season with freshly ground salt and pepper, dried parsley, a little chili powder and a bit of Lawry's seasoning salt. Flip once the underside has cooked through, with a little toasty brown coloring. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth or use one serving of Swanson's Flavor Boost concentrated chicken broth packet. Once chicken is cooked through, flip back over and add steamed cous cous, broccoli and tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and let marinate for about five minutes. Dinner is ready!