6.01.2012

{Quad Squad} Update on the Babies, Day 2

Hey yall, I still haven't been able to muster up the energy to get a full post together but thankfully my mom has. Some of you reported difficulty accessing her blog, it is lindaslifejournal-artlady1948.blogspot.com. She just updated with a second post, listing photos of each baby and their correct weights. So far the littlest one, Logan, is amazing everyone and is breathing on her own completely unassisted. She even starts feeds today, which is just amazing since this often doesn't take place for days to weeks with preemies. The other three are still on CPAPs that provide part of their oxygen supply and some pressure to their lungs. Our boy, Harrison, had to get a chest tube inserted today to drain some air that had collected outside his lungs. We hope this solves the problem and he doesn't need it for long. So far, all issues are "normal" for preemie babies and we have become very familiar with them over the past several months, which greatly helps us keep a clear head and take things one step at a time versus becoming upset and overwhelmed. My recovery is going a bit slower than I anticipated. I had a low fever last night, thankfully its gone now. But the pain has been almost unbearable, so much worse than I ever thought. They gave me some injections for the pain this morning and I was able to stand up for the first time about an hour later. I have such respect for any woman that's ever had a c-section and especially all you moms of multiples! It is beyond excruciating. But it was worth it. My husband tells me every time he goes to the NICU, the staff and doctors are constantly commenting on how amazed they are with the quads weights. They had been expecting them to be even smaller and were thrilled to have all four over two pounds. I can't believe I had all those babies in my stomach! Well, I'm going to attempt to rest. I've already started using a breast pump every hour to get things going and we've had so many nurses, doctors, reps and other folks in and out of our room its hard to keep everything straight. Right now I'm focusing on keeping my pain under control and improving my mobility so I can eventually get up to the NICU and see my babies! Enjoy the photos on my mom's blog and I'll be back with another update soon!

12 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself,get lots of rest,you have 4 beautiful beautiful babies, before you know it you will be wanting to stay in bed all day,they are going to keep you busy;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 01, 2012

    congrats! Ive been folowing ur blog and im so happy for u! I had twins 14 mths ago after being on bedrest for 8 weeks and i agreewith u that c sections r hell! Whatever u do dont lay on ur side for a long time, it set me back and hurt like the dickens! Hope ur pain subsides! Congrats again:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 01, 2012

    Congratulations! I found your blog from another member of NWHMOM and have been following along with your journey since around Christmas. I'm so happy for you that you made it this far and your babies are doing well. Never underestimate the little ones! My smallest (I have twin girls and older son) is a little firecracker and has been since her days in the NICU. Try and be patient--your body will heal but it will take a little while--remember your body has been through something traumatic! Congratulations again and enjoy your new normal as a mom of quads!

    Jennifer Sedwick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! How exciting! I have been folowing your blog for awhile now and you have done such an amazing job taking care of those 4 babies! I will keep you all in my prayers and hopefully those babies will be able to go home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had 4 c-sections so I know exactly how you feel. Getting home to my own bed did wonders. Congratulations on a great job and beautiful babies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have had two c-sections. my advise is not to try to heal so quickly. my first, i just let myself heal. but with my second i had all my twins at home so i was in a rush to heal. i still hurt time to time. so please don't rush healing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations again. I am heading over to your Mom's blog to check them babies out. Get some rest, Momma. :) Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  8. With my recovery I was wishing I had gotten a c-section! Haha. I guess it sucks either way sometimes. I hope you recover quickly! Congratulations again...heading over to your mom's blog now to check out those pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have done so amazing making it so far! The babies look so great and I am so happy they are doing well. Hang in there with the recovery, day 3 was the worse for me with both C-sections, but each day after got easier and easier. Congrats again to you and Mike! I am so happy you have such an amazing husband to go through this with, it really makes all the difference. I CAN'T WAIT for our future quad play dates!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you're having to deal with the extra pain afterwards. Just one more step in the whole process. The babies look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMBER! I hope you have a very blessed day and get lots of snuggles from your sweet babies. Sherri

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from any readers out there, just keep it clean and friendly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...