11.26.2013

{My Recipes} Egg Noodle Chicken Soup

I'd been craving a really good, homey chicken noodle soup and I really wanted it with egg noodles. For whatever reason that was. So I put together a recipe loosely based on all the traditional ingredients one expects to find in chicken noodle soup and simmered it on my stovetop.


5 carrots, peeled and chopped
6 stalks celery, chopped
96 ounces or 12 cups chicken stock
Poultry Seasoning
Mrs. Dash
Dried parsley
Freshly ground sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 cups cooked diced chicken OR shredded rotisserie chicken

While I waited on a pot of water to come to a boil for the noodles, I filled a second pot with the chicken stock and dropped in my chopped carrots and celery, brought it to a boil and simmered for about 15 minutes. In the meantime, I cooked the pasta, drained it and added it to the stock and veggie mixture as well as all the seasonings and the chicken. I lowered the heat and covered the pot and simmered on low for about another 45 minutes. Done!


It was really good served with garlic crostinis, but you could also do crusty French bread, homemade garlic bread or big croutons. I strained the soup and served it to the quads, who loved the flavorful noodles and Kailey ate her weight in carrots. Yum!

Happy eating :)
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Definitely bookmarking this! Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I am coming alone so we don't have to have hamburgers. I'm leaving LD at home to cook the turkey for takingvto the ranch. This looks delicious !

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from any readers out there, just keep it clean and friendly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...