1.31.2014

My Favorite Views at the End of the Day

Y'all, I am tired. Like almost all the time. My last blog post about weathering the hard days drew some really awesome comments and emails and I'm so glad that I can keep it real with you guys. Because that's the whole point. My fellow quad mom, Becky, just recently blogged about the truth of it all when it comes to raising multiples. We don't have it all together. No mom does! Some may come close but every mom, every parent, has their faults. Their breaking points. Their days that they just don't do it well. Blogging is great for sharing the good moments, the positive things, a place to post about what makes you happy. And I definitely like to throw in a good dose of "keeping it real" now and then, too.

This is how my babies look quite often...


...and this is how I look at the end of a typical day. I know, tell me about it.


Having quadruplets is no walk in the park. I rarely look good during the day and I'm constantly sweating from running around cramming laundry into the washer, trying to write articles for work from my kitchen island, throwing together last minute meals and often being on the verge of breaking out into tears or sighs because I'm so tired and overwhelmed. I have a lot of hard days. A lot. My feet hurt so bad at the end of the day sometimes it's hard to walk. Sure, there are a lot of great moments that make it all worthwhile, as I mentioned in my previous post. But do not be fooled! I'm working my ass off to keep it together the best I can every single day. So in that same train of thought, here's some of my absolute favorite views at the end of a very long day with four 20-month-olds. :)


The kids on their way up to the stairs. This means my day is nearly done and they're about to go to bed!


A glass of wine, fresh flowers and candles always make me happy. In this case, tonight included a sweet treat of red velvet cake to go with my red velvet wine. Delish.


The husband and I make it a priority to spend some time together nearly every evening. It's usually on the couch with our favorite shows and we love it. Tonight's episodes are from Elementary and Chicago PD.


A turned-down bed with fresh sheets spritzed with a lavender chamomile aromatherapy spray. I hurriedly put the new linens on our bed tonight in between cleaning up the kids rooms before we brought them upstairs and I'll appreciate my efforts so much when I sink into those good-smelling sheets tonight.


And those are some of my favorite things to see at day's end! I think it's really important to carve out a few minutes for yourself or have a little something to look forward to. Whether it's wine, cake, a TV show, a hot shower with a new body scrub, something. Anything

I read this article to the husband the other day and it really struck a chord with us. It's so true about how parents feel the complete range of emotions on a daily basis. Especially when you're at home with your kids all day! It helps to invest in each other and asking the right questions and sharing your emotions is a great way to connect when you feel like you're surrounded by chaos.

No one's perfect, I'm sure not. And boy, some of my days lately have been very trying! But I'll just keep trudging along one day at a time and wait for the clearing in the fog when I can regain my ground. Thanks for sharing in that journey with me. :)
post signature

10 comments:

  1. Oh girlfriend, well said! And can I just say your toes look ah-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed the toes too! I am thinking pedicures in May !!!

      Delete
  2. Love it , Honey!!! My one prayer for you ever since conception is that you would be 'mighty in spirit!' You SO are! You have been since the moment you were born!! I pray that same prayer for the quads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Amber:) I have no doubt that your children will be mighty in spirit! It comes from your mom & you:) Lovz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post. you are amazing, my wish is to meet you one day.
    Cute toes:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bernice! You are so sweet and your comments always brighten my day :)

      Delete
  5. I love reading your blog we are close in age in 28 but have chronic pain and am bed bound most of the time you look amazing after a whole day. Reading what you do tires me lol.....the quads def. put a smile on my face thanks for sharing them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry if this does not make sense on pain meds now :(

      Delete
  6. All it takes is 4 little smiles and giggles to make it all worth it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from any readers out there, just keep it clean and friendly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...