9.22.2014

{My Recipes} Crock Pot French Onion Chicken

Normally, I'm not a huge fan of crock pot cooking but I've certainly pulled out my slow cooker plenty of times since having the quads. In fact, I've started to appreciate it even more as I've gleaned various tasty recipes over the past couple years and have honed, well, my slow cooking skills. (Typically I'm cooking a 30-minute-type meal from scratch, but nothing beats the smell of delicious food cooking all day and having it ready to go with little prep work!)

I decided I wanted to try my hand at some simple French Onion Chicken and came up with this easy recipe that turned out delicious and also got approval—and a requested redo!—by the husband. Success.



Ingredients
2 large or 3 small boneless chicken breasts
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 packet Onion soup mix
1 tsp each: pepper, garlic powder, seasoning salt
2 cups baby carrots
1.5 cups chicken stock
Combine all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for 4-5 hours, until chicken is cooked through and shreds easily with a fork. 


I topped our chicken with French Fried onions and only wish I'd had some gruyere cheese to add! We had brown rice, green beans and steamed carrots to round off a very filling meal. 

What's your favorite crock pot concoction?

Happy eating :)post signature

4 comments:

  1. Love trying your recipes,they are always so yummy.
    How much chicken did you use?
    Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just added that part, totally overlooked it! 2 Large or 3 small chicken breasts

      Delete
  2. I've got to try this. I work till 8 p.m. some nights and it's nice to have dinner done when I get home. One of my favorite fall crockpot meals is pork chops with apples, onions and butternut squash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just threw this in the crockpot! I LOVE crockpot recipes! Thanks so much Amber :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from any readers out there, just keep it clean and friendly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...