1.09.2015

Tyke Bites & Balsamic Cherry Chicken Recipe

Yesterday—one of those days that motivated me to gulp a bottle glass of wine at the end—I did manage to try a new recipe, despite the cranky kids and busy schedule and exhaustion. Call it a last ditch effort to accomplish something before calling it quits. Cherry balsamic chicken—with wine! Check out our day of meals and scroll to the end for a yummy recipe. Cheers!

Breakfast: mini whole grain bagels with cinnamon sugar cream cheese, eggs, turkey sausage and fruit. My kids just don't eat eggs very well, though I've tried various ways to serve them. If you have some unique ideas on serving eggs, I'm all ears!


Lunch: I made some super easy quesadillas, which were a huge hit! I spread a thin layer of coconut oil on the outer layers of two mini tortillas, piled some shredded cheese in between and then cooked on each side on a flat skillet until they browned slightly and the cheese melted. I used a pizza slicer to cut them into quarters. Served with salted avocado pieces and strawberries. Everyone requested seconds and cleaned their plates! (And everyone is also still in their jammies because it was freezing cold and felt like a good day in stay in our fleece!)



Dinner: Some yummy balsamic cherry chicken I gleaned from Pinterest. (Get the recipe on my Food board here.) I had a bag of fresh cherries in the fridge that I wanted to incorporate and probably ate half of them in my efforts to prep them for the dish. I love anything with balsamic and wine, of course, so I poured a few glugs into my glass after I put some in the pan. The results were delicious, though the kids didn't go crazy over the cooked cherries, they did like the chicken! While I was standing at the stove cooking dinner, Harrison peeked over the bar from the play room and said, "Whatcha cooking mommy? That chicken looks good!"



I paired the chicken with some cheesy garlic toast and some fresh green beans I sauteed in coconut oil with minced onion, garlic salt and pepper.



Happy eating :)
post signature

11 comments:

  1. I'm gonna copy that lunch menu next week! Looks good to ME, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaack! The quads are so big!! Quesadillas were always a hit when we were kids! Everything sounds delicious. Hope you are well, Amber!

    xxChristie
    www.KiKiMac.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironically, it was my first time to ever make quesadillas! Haha. Glad to see a comment from you! And I finally figured out how to get your blog properly listed in my sidebar, just updated it! :)

      Delete
  3. For the egg conundrum have you tried boiled eggs in molds to change the shape into cute bunnies? I got mine in Japan but they have them on Amazon- brand Kotobuki. And before you say who's got time to fiddle with four little people- they are super simple and work every time- I'm no cook. I use them for packed lunches for Kindy child.- Jo in Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a cool idea! I'll look into it - thank you!

      Delete
  4. Forgot to post about Trystan's good news! I previously mentioned that my three year old has had two febrile seizures. Scary but not as scary as it could be. So thankful for that. Enjoy your four blessings! Missy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheesh - so terrifying! I do feel better knowing what is going on and what to do if it happens again. Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  5. Hi Amber!

    Have you tried to make Scrambled Egg Muffins? I make a dozen each Sunday (super easy and I use whatever I have on hand - i.e.: turkey meat, frozen spinach, cheese, etc) and bake. I pop them out and put them in tupperware. Each morning you can heat them up and they look like muffins. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Scrambled-Egg-Muffins-2/

    Thanks for your food posts, we are having a baby in March and I am going to use your homemade baby food recipes/system! Also, I found myself referencing you, "Well if Amber can handle four babies, I am sure I can handle one!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had thought about making something like that awhile back and then completely forgot! Thanks for reminding me - maybe the quads will be interested in those.

      And you are the sweetest, I love that reference!! :)

      Delete
  6. Yum another one of your receipes to try, looks good.
    I will trade your Dallas cold for our temp of 11 this morning,still in my pj's and robe.
    Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make breakfast quesadillas - egg and whatever you have - - - -little cheese on bottom and top to make it stick together

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from any readers out there, just keep it clean and friendly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...